Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Crafty and organised :o

Right, so getting started on my task list, and I've ticked off a few things! Still plenty to go, but these aren't all to be done in one day, thank goodness.


I've been in to the bank and changed over to my married name, hurrah. The last of the more important name changes to be done.

I have set myself some aims as well, look at me go! I aim to do some study days for work, I'm waiting to hear back from my applications now. I think they will all give me some valuable information. I also aim to complete the next level of professional development, that involves a bit of work, plenty of paperwork, and in the end having an updated portfolio, and as a bonus, a pay increase.

I also aim to give my creativity an outlet, not just toy with my imagination. I will create one mixed media painting a month to put in my 
Felt store, plus 10 sewn items, and 10 other little treats. Start small and work my way up. I also want to let myself make stuff for me, that's right. I so often make things for other people, and forget to keep some for me, and then I can't show people the sorts of things I make. I am also working on a cross stitch for my awesome little nephew, of Noah's Ark. I started off by looking around to see if I could find a pattern for one that I liked... but to no avail. I checked all the craft stores I could think of in the city, and also online. None where quite what I had in mind. That's when a little light bulb went on, and I thought if I could find a picture I liked and made my own pattern, I might have better luck. I did! Google is definitely my friend. However I have set myself a rather mammoth task with this one, it's A3 sized! So I'm now aiming to have this finished for his 5th birthday, that's just under 4 years away.

Also, Yay!! I have a tidy house. Well, half of one. Over the weekend the husband and I organised and cleaned our way through the kitchen, dining area and living area. That's our whole upstairs area, and where we spend most of our time. 
We started in the kitchen by clearing off the bench, filling the dishwasher and washing the odd bits that had accumulated. Also did a nice hot water and baking soda clean out of the thermos, no faint, strange smells now.
We moved onto clearing out the fridge of UFO (unidentified fridge objects), such as the other half of the sweetened condensed milk that I hadn't dated, but didn't seem off. I just couldn't remember when I put it there.
We then organised the cupboards and pantry, identifying what we use frequently, and what we don't. Those that are less frequently used remain in our teeny tiny kitchen, but are instead on top of the pantry unit, rather than stealing our precious limited shelf space.
Then we arranged things to make things more accessible, and less frequently used items further back, or lower down.
In the dining area we cleared the table (we often use this as extra bench space as our bench gives us enough room for one chopping board... and that's it. Silly little kitchen. Then we cleared the floor. There was a crockpot still in the box, that is now above the pantry, (we have 2)
We also finally put up photo frames and art work! It looks like a home now. I had been apprehensive about hanging them due to quakes, but we will see how they fare.

As for now, time to hang out with the lovely Alexia!


Ciao, Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment