Sunday, December 4, 2011

Alright, I think it is about time I introduced one of the other vixens, let's start with Jayde, she's the clever vixen behind the steampunk pendants and brooches available in the store.

Hi, I'm Jayde. I love to make interesting jewellery, out of the insides of old watches and my ever-growing collection of gorgeous charms, in a Steampunk style. Steampunk is a subgenre of science fiction and fantasy, featuring advanced machines and other technology based on steam power and clockwork of the 19th century. It’s u
sually set in Victorian era Britain or "Wild West"-era America. Steampunk often features anachronistic technology or futuristic inventions as Victorians may have envisioned them: like the machines found in works by Jules Verne and HG Wells. Each piece I make is handmade and totally one-of-a-kind, and has its own special name – and to be able to sell them to others for their own enjoyment, or as a gift, brings me joy.

I’m also an avid reader, and love spending time writing stories and tales of the strange and unusual. I’m a singer too, and whenever I have the opportunity I love to perform onstage in musical theatre. 

Keep watching for our next post, we will be introducing the talented Alexia.

No comments:

Post a Comment