Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Historic Home and a book

This last week was busy, but it's been good. Started off with a weekend day outing to Antonio Hall. I've been going through all my photos, and I have to say, on the whole, I'm pretty happy with them. I'm in the baby step stage of getting to know my camera. Trying to get my head around what setting will give me what look. Also now playing with PicMonkey, it's fantastic in my opinion. I started off in Photoshop for my intro to photo editing, but that was for restoration and small tweaks in a Photo Lab (pretty awesome job for a student, really).  But really, PhotoShop in all it's wonder is, well, a little overwhelming... and so is the price tag. So for a completely free, very easy to use service, PicMonkey rocks. It's from the same wonderful people who brought us Picnik, which is no longer available (as of the 19 of this month). 
















Also, who's seen The Hunger Games? I haven't yet, but I will, as soon as I've read the book. I've just bought it. Paper Plus were doing a deal for March where you could get $5 off books for that month, I made the most of that, and bought one book! I don't read nearly as much as I used to.
<3 Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment